Sunday 23 June 2013

No Cottage Cheese Please...

Did you know there are different types of celluliteAdipose cellulite is the firm cellulite, orange peel effect on loose skin. Oedematous cellulite is fluid retention, soft cellulite often on loose skin. And fibrotic cellulite is hard, compact cellulite with orange peel effect.’

There are also four different grades of cellulite:
Grade 1- No visible cellulite, even when the skin is pinched.
Grade 2- No visible cellulite when lying down or standing.  An orange peel texture can be seen when the skin is pinched.
Grade 3- Cellulite is visible when standing, but may disappear when lying down. (This is what I have)
Grade 4- Visible cellulite when standing and lying down.
95% of women have a type of cellulite somewhere on their body. Even skinny people get cellulite. Cellulite is often hereditary, so it’s likely your family members will be suffering from the same problem.

The real bummer is, it’s nearly impossible to get rid of with diet and exercise. I’ve heard some people refer to it as “what’s leftover” from weight loss, working out and healthy eating.

*You are probably wondering why I’m rambling on about cellulite…*
You all know that I have been busting my ass at the gym for months and eating super clean. Now don’t get me wrong, losing 38lbs and 6 pants sizes was definitely worth all the hard work and sacrifice but I just can’t get rid of this darn cellulite. The only place I have visible cellulite is on the back of my legs and although it has improved, it’s not gone. This is where you are going to think I’m crazy…I have resorted to laser treatment. I’m starting off with 6 treatments and I have already done 2 of them. I realize how much I have ranted about losing weight naturally so don’t start flipping out just yet. Let me explain the process. This is NOT a quick fix, it’s NOT a miracle fix and it is NOT a cop out. Here’s how it works…
The machine I get treated with is called the VelaShape. It goes up and down the problem area (backs of my thighs) for about 20-30 minutes. As its going up and down, it is sucking the skin up so that the lasers can shoot down to your cellulite, turning it into a liquid fatty tissue that gets burned off with exercise. If you get these treatments and expect your cellulite to just go away, you will be very disappointed when it just goes back to where it was before the treatments. Am I making sense? I hope so. By doing this, I will be able to work off all that icky cellulite by hitting the gym like I’ve been.  So it doesn’t just make it go away, I will still have to work for it ;) 
I have only had 2 of the 6 treatments and I can already see and feel a difference (seriously).  They took “before” pictures and they will take “after” pictures when I’m through all the treatments and I promise to post them. I’m pretty excited about it but I know I will have to keep working hard to maintain it.
Go ahead, judge me.
I don’t care J

I set a goal at the beginning of the month to lose 20lbs OR drop my fat% from 33% to 25% by August 1st. Wellll…. J I’ve lost 8lbs and 5% body fat so far. Gettin’ there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment