Sunday 2 June 2013

No Carbs, No Dairy


So I have some rather exciting news…I BOUGHT MY TICKET FOR UTAH!!! WOOHOO!!!  AND, while I’m in Utah, some of my buds and I are going to drive down to Viva Las Vegas!!! Can I get another WOOHOO?!?! Anyway, going to Utah and Vegas means that I need to seriously crack down on the clean eating. I would say I eat clean 85% of the time but I need to do it 100% of the time for the next 2 months. I’m cutting out carbs and dairy and it will be sooo worth it when I put on that yellow polka dot bikini I bought. I need to stay extra motivated and ON TRACK! WHO’S WITH ME?!?! No more cheat days, no more “light work outs”, I really need to step it up a notch. I’m mostly just talking to myself as I write this but that’s okay. I know that if you guys are reading it, then you are going to help hold me accountable ;) I’m going to start working out twice a day, too. Heavier weights, more multi-muscle work outs and a running a 5k twice a week.  Gotta do it, do it with me!
I’ve cut out carbs before but never dairy. So this is going to be challenging, but again, WORTH IT. 

Here is what I am replacing my dairy with…

Almond milk, instead of milk
Coconut oil, instead of butter (just for cooking)
Daya Cheese, instead of cheese

That’s all I’ve had to replace so far, not too bad. Almond milk is definitely an acquired taste but I mostly just use it for my protein shakes. Plus it's pretty cheap and you can buy it in bulk  AND you don’t have to keep it cold before you open it. (I just bought 12 boxes for $1.50 each) I can keep some in my office, too.
 J
The Daya cheese isn’t exactly delish, BUT if you put it in things like omelets, where it melts, it’s no different than regular cheese. I wouldn’t recommend eating slices of it.
Coconut Oil is good for you, but it’s also really REALLY yummy to cook with. I like to put some in my protein shakes, too.

I bought a butt load of frozen fruit-mangos, peaches, blueberries, black berries, strawberries and raspberries so I can throw ‘em in a blender with some kale/spinach in the morning. (Flax seeds, too) J
The picture on the top is my new, healthy version of EGG SALAD. It’s egg whites, chopped tomatoes, and daya cheese, scrambled. Then I put it on a bed of spinach and topped it off with more sliced tomatoes and sliced avocados. I drizzled some hot sauce on it and 
ATE THE CRAP OUT OF IT.
The one on the bottom is two Basa Fish fillets, just baked with lemon juice and pepper. The brussel sprouts were steamed and I put a sweet and spicy mustard on top. It was delicious, packed with protein and fibre and it filled me.
I’ve been slacking on my writing this last week because work has be cray cray but I hope to be able to write at least twice a week from here on out. As always, I leave you with some words of encouragement…

No comments:

Post a Comment